Our mission is to support the establishment, enhancement and advancement of green schools with environment-focused educational programs and practices.
The Green Schools National Network (GSNN) is a national nonprofit organization of environment-focused schools, individuals, and partnering organizations. Launched in February 2008 and headquartered in Madison, WI, the GSNN is governed by a board of directors that is committed to GSNN’s vision and mission.
OUR VISION is for every person to be environmentally literate and to practice and promote sustainability in their community.
WHAT DOES GSNN DO?
- Promotes the development of innovative charter schools with environment-focused educational programs and practices, high expectations and equal opportunity for all.
- Challenges and inspires everyone to help young people gain the knowledge, skills, insights, power, and motivation to make the world a better place with a sustainable future.
- Facilitates networking among educators, students, parents, school leaders, policymakers and others and sharing of information about the environment, green practices, and schooling for sustainability.
- Provides professional development, resources and guidance about the successful creation, operation, governance, and accountability of green schools.
- Helps to create the capacity for change and encourages innovation, educational options and schooling for sustainability.
- Provides leadership in forging and maintaining a sustainable society.