The Green Schools National Network (GSNN) advances the national green and healthy schools movement by connecting like-minded and passionate education, non-profit, corporate and public sector individuals and organizations.
GSNN is nationally recognized as the premier partner in advancing collaboration to integrate a green and healthy culture in schools to ensure that current and future generation of students are environmentally literate as well as practice and promote sustainability in their community.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- GSNN has successfully planned the 2012 Green School National Conference including five solutions summits.
- GSNN has hosted exhibit booths and workshops at three other national conferences (National Association of Elementary School Principals; National Charter School Conference; North American Association of Environmental Education).
- GSNN has presented at over 20 state green school, STEM, and/or environmental education conferences.
- GSNN has co-sponsored a series of four webinars about green schools in partnership with National Environmental Education Foundation and National Education Association Foundation.
- GSNN has been invited to facilitate the green schools strand for the 2012 North American Association of Environmental Education Conference.
- GSNN has participated in five different virtual conferences to discuss the green schools movement.
Resources & Information
Through a series of local, regional, and national meetings, GSNN has facilitated a national conversation that has resulted in the GreenPrint for Green and Healthy Schools.
- GSNN has supported an assessment of over 50 web-based green school rating systems and has developed a proposal for the development of a K-12 Sustainable Schools Rating System.
- GSNN has maintained the Green Schools National Conference Website
- GSNN has upgraded the Green Charter Schools Network Website.
- GSNN has collaborated with all existing green and sustainable schools networks and is supporting over 20 existing and developing state networks.
- GSNN continues to develop partnerships with all green, healthy, sustainable and environment focused school organizations via creating the Green Schools National Conference as the only national conference promoting green, healthy, and sustainable schools for all children.
- GSNN has been a strong supporter of the US Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools award program.
- GSNN has worked with state network partners to encourage participation in the Green Ribbon pilot year.
- GSNN is facilitating solutions summits to address barriers that exist in expanding the number of green, healthy, and sustainable schools across the country.
- GSNN has been a partner in a research study undertaken by the University of Colorado – Denver exploring academic achievement in green schools.